Thursday 19 September 2013

Throwback Thursday #97 - The Good Fairies of New York


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while which looks at those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves that we haven't got round to reading yet.

The Good Fairies of New York - Martin Millar
Publisher: Soft Skull Press
When a pair of fugitive Scottish thistle fairies end up transplanted to Manhattan by mistake, both the Big Apple and the Little People have a lot of adjusting to do. Heather and Morag just want to start the first radical fairy punk rock band, but first they’ll have make a match between two highly unlikely sweethearts, start a street brawl between rival gangs of Italian, Chinese, and African fairies, help the ghost of a dead rocker track down his lost guitar, reclaim a rare triple-bloomed Welsh poppy from a bag lady with delusions of grandeur, disrupt a local community performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and somehow manage to stay sober enough to save all of New York from an invasion of evil Cornish fairies.
If they can stop feuding with each other, that is

This was a present from Sarah, my occasional guest reviewer when she visited New York some time ago and looks like such a fun read, but like many it's not been read yet. Perhaps I should arrange a visit to New York for encourage me to read it! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the synopsis and the title but I really don't like the cover. I'm very curious now, and you need to read it to tell me if I need to too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds cool and I have not come across just before

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a cute book. Love fae books that are a bit different.

    ReplyDelete